Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

But those who hope...

I'm in week two of the belief project (or whatever the heck I'm calling it). I'll be honest, I've been distracted and not quite attentive to what God is doing. But, nonetheless, God is reaffirming his promise and reminding me of the part I play. Here's what I discovered today...

"but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength."
Isaiah 40:31

I looked up the definitions of the Hebrew words for hope and renew in this passage. Hope means wait, look for, hope, expect. And renew? Among other things, to go through, change, grow up, alter, or change for the better.

I've asked God to change me. I'm being stretched in a belief that God would create a real change in me, a change deep down in my character and my heart that manifests itself in my words and actions.

And today God reminded me that I need to look for him and expect him to do that if I want to see a change in me for the better.

Praying for divine expectation...

No comments:

Post a Comment