Pages

Friday, October 25, 2013

That One Time Where I Link You Up: It’s Getting Colder Edition


Read this in one of my new favorite books, Sticky Faith by
Dr. Kara Powell and Dr. Chap Clark

It’s getting cold.  I’m getting grumpy.  I’m one of those big time fall haters.  I am a summer girl and fall just means the end of happy to me.  And also- fall is a giant tease.  Around here it lasts approximately 3 hours and then BAM.  Winter.  And the only thing I hate more than fall is winter.  I don’t like coats or sweaters.  I’m constantly in search of the perfect mittens/scarf/hat combo and every season I’m disappointed.  I hate being cold.  Give me flip flops and sundresses.   

Anyway.  This week felt cold.  I busted out the winter coat for Monster and he instantly became obsessed with his mittens and hat.  That kid looks forward to school every day just so he can wear his winter gear.  Again, sometimes I question his maternity. 

We’ve got jr. high youth group and birthday bonfires tonight and then we’re headed up to a lake house with some dear friends for Saturday night.  Our weekends have been rich and full these past few weeks and this one is no exception.

*******

For you’re weekend reading pleasure I’ve got a few of my favorites from the week (or two- it’s been a while since I posted links!)

I loved reading both sides of this competitive sports argument (NY Times).  For the record, I’m pretty sure I don’t want my kids to get too involved in the intensely competitive sports field (unless Monster or Toots is the next hockey wiz kid).

I loved this parenting tip and have already employed it with my kids.  Each night I tell them one thing I loved watching them do that day. (The Talent Code)

Kristen over at Rage Against The Minivan always makes me think (and has my favorite blog name of all time).  This post was particularly compelling for me.  (Rage Against the Minivan)

If:Local may be the single greatest thing that has happened to the Christian conference of all time.  The women planning this conference realized it wasn’t accessible to everyone so they tore up the ticket price, made it pay what you can, and opened it to everyone!  All you need is an Internet connection and a gathering of people and you can have access to the webcast of the whole conference!!  Any of my friends want to get together for an If: Local? (Jen Hatmaker)

And finally, this was beautiful in the most haunting, aching way.  (Laura Ortberg Turner)

*******

Have a great weekend pals!  What are you all up to?  Hoping your weekend is rich and full as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment